2013 Application deadline: April 12
The Hamilton Spectator Summer Camp Fund is used to provide camperships to children whose families could not otherwise financially afford the cost of summer camp for their youngsters.The funds raised by The Hamilton Spectator Summer Camp Fund are distributed to day and overnight camps in our community.
The Hamilton Spectator Summer Camp Fund is a partnership project between Hamilton Community Foundation and The Hamilton Spectator.
Priorities & Criteria
To be eligible for funding the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must serve Hamilton/Burlington children
- Children must be in demonstrated financial need
- Camp/organization cannot be receiving funding from The Toronto Star Fresh Air Fund or Guelph Mercury Kids to Camp Fund
- The camp and/or sponsoring organization must be established and operational for five years
Grant awards are provided for one or two week sessions only.
Applications will be assessed using the following criteria to determine the level of support:
- Cost effectiveness (how many children are being supported by requested dollars)
- A process is in place to determine financial need
- Quality of the camping experience
- Membership in the Ontario Camping Association or comparable overseeing body